FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS
CONTEXT & OBJECTIVES
This comprehensive course tends to provide the non-finance managers with the necessary skills and confidence to analyze and interpret financial information and enabling them to makes decisions that add value in their companies.
By understanding them, the participants will be able to conduct analysis, learn major financial ratios and their applications; the relationship with the financial performance of the company; the importance of efficiency and profitability.
The effectiveness of the management depends on solid decisions and as a manager, it is expected to:
• Be familiar and interpret the financial data of Financial Statements. Translate them into operational data needed for the day to day activities.
• Understand the budgeting framework, the type of budgets and the uses of budgeting.
• Interpret Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and evaluate them properly.
Aspects and topics to be covered in the training:
Financial Statements: How to read and understand them?
• Balance sheet and profit and loss account
• Understanding financial statements and how they are related ( Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, Cash Flow)
• Ratio analysis
• Using selected ratios to interpret information in financial statements
• Profitability and efficiency
Costing and pricing: How to interpret and manage?
• Costing principles
• Direct vs indirect costs.
• Fixed and variable costs
• Break-even analysis
Budgeting: How to plan the business activity?
• Identifying key information for business planning
• Interpreting information in a budget
• Using financial reports to predict future performance
Professionals, Middle and Senior Managers of the Company, dealing with a diverse range of backgrounds: sales, distribution, operations, marketing etc, involved directly and indirectly in decision making internally and externally. Suitable for the ones that have little financial knowledge and/or the ones looking for a refresher.
• Develop a firm grasp of the fundamentals of finance
• Communicate more effectively with Finance Department
• Enhance the decision making
• Analyze department performance and control it more effectively
• Developing the skills for monitoring and forecasting department operating and financial data